Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical Practice Edition Version 11
Dragon® Medical is the most widely used and successful speech recognition solution in medical practices around the country. Dragon Medical has been selected by more than 180,000 clinicians worldwide to document care directly in an electronic health record (EHR).
The rush towards computerized patient records is on. For medical practices, federal stimulus funds are now available to cover the cost of buying and deploying EHRs…and then some. But when physicians start using their EHRs, they’ll discover the truth: EHRs slow physicians down.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps clinicians – including physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, and other care providers – efficiently navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record. Designed for small practices with 24 physicians or less, Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps practices:
- Improve documentation
- Eliminate transcription costs
- Increase physician satisfaction
- Enhance efficiency
- Increase practice profitability
- Improves the speed and accuracy of documentation
- Accelerates physician EHR adoption
- Dramatically reduces transcription costs
- Allows physicians to spend more time with patients
- Captures the patient story in the clinician’s own words
- Supports higher level of reimbursement, lower number of denials
- Improves clinician satisfaction
- Supports HIPAA guidelines to protect patient confidentiality
- More accurate than ever
In clinical settings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is 15% more accurate than Dragon Medical 10—and 33% more accurate than Dragon Professional 11 when used in clinical settings.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition improves recognition response time significantly.
Navigate and dictate inside EHR software: History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, and Assessment and Plan.
Covers nearly 60 specialties and subspecialties.
Regional accent support
Accented speakers get higher “out-of-the-box” recognition with advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models.
Dictate anywhere in the EHR, eliminating navigation between EHR screens and the notes window.
Dragon Medical Template Library
Includes library of macros for standard notes and “medical normals” by body system.
Automatically detects hardware resources. Its state-of-the-art technology takes advantage of advances in hardware and runs in multiple threads automatically when multi-core hardware is detected for better recognition performance
Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation and improve accuracy.
- CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor. 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
- RAM: 2 GB RAM for XP and Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Server 2003/2008 64-bit
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
Dragon Medical 11 works with hundreds of EHR applications, including the following:
Agfa, Cegeka, ChipSoft, iSoft, Epic, McKesson, Cerner Millenium®, Eclipsys®, Sunrise Clinical Manager™, Epic EpicCare®, Epic Hyperspace, GE® Centricity, McKesson®, Practice Partner, Misys® EMR, McKesson® Horizon, Meditech, Sage® Intergy, Siemens® Soarian.