Cherry MX (Brown) Low-force, tactile key switches
The Freestyle Pro utilizes the Cherry MX low-force tactile switch (brown stem). It is a semi-custom low force tactile design created in 1992 to Kinesis’ specifications. “Tactility” is a slightly elevated force around the midpoint of the key stroke which signals when the switch is about to be activated. A tactile response is preferred by many ergonomists because it can reduce the frequency of “bottoming out” the switch and reduce unnecessary impacts to your fingertips. The peak (tactile) force is ~55gm, following by an activation force of ~45 gm.
New! Adjustable linking cable accommodates a wide range of individuals
The two key modules are connected by a 20 inch linking cable that can be adjusted to suit your body type, desktop space, and typing preferences. The basic configuration allows up to 12 inches of separation. If you need additional separation, simply remove the cable compartment cover located on the back of the left key module and thread out more cable until you find your desired width.
Zero degree slope form factor
The Freestyle Pro features a zero degree slope from front to back for maximum comfort. Most keyboards, even ergonomic models, have a 10 degree positive slope. Positive slope keyboards tend to bend your wrists backwards, but the Freestyle Pro’s zero degree slope keeps your wrists neutral to reduce painful wrist extension.
Optional tenting accessories
If you are experiencing forearm discomfort, consider adding one of two tenting accessories to reduce forearm pronation. The VIP3 Pro (with palm supports) and V3 Pro (without palm supports) attach easily to the underside of the Pro keyboard providing 3 easily adjustable tent settings of 5˚, 10˚ and 15˚. Note: Freestyle2 tenting accessories are not compatible with the Freestyle Pro.
Optional palm supports
Optional palm supports reduce wrist extension by keeping wrists neutral and our cushioned palm pads increase comfort.
The Freestyle Pro features 8 pre-programmed hotkeys (Desktop, Last App, Select All, Undo, Cut, Delete, Copy & Paste) designed to reduce mouse clicks and awkward key combinations.
Freestyle Pro (KB900-BRN)
Compatible operating systems
- Plug-and-Play (no software or special drivers)
- Windows 7-10
- Mac OS X v10.6 +
- SmartSet Programming App (Windows and Mac versions are pre-loaded)
- Connectivity: USB
- 4 MB of onboard memory so all settings are saved directly to the keyboard
- Supports 24 macros per layout (up to 300 characters in length)
- Unlimited key remapping
- Pre-configured layouts for Mac users and Dvorak typists. Layout 1: QWERTY Windows, Layout 2: QWERTY Mac, & Layout 3: Dvorak Windows
Key switches (100% Cherry Mechanical)
Alphanumeric & Functions keys:
- Switch type: Cherry MX brown, tactile mechanical
- Peak force: 55 grams
- Activation force: 45 grams
- Travel distance: 4.1 mm
- Switch type: Cherry ML, tactile mechanical
- Peak force: 50 grams
- Activation force: 45 grams
- Travel distance: 3 mm
Dimensions & warranty
- Width: 15.5 inches
- Depth (front-to-back): 7.25 inches
- Height: 1.25 inches
- Weight: 2.6 lbs
- Shipping weight: 4 lbs
- Adjustable linking cable length: 12 – 21.5 inches
- USB cable length: 6 feet
- Warranty: 2 year limited
- Quick Start Guide
- 4 Mac keycaps: (2) command, and (2) alt/option
- Keycap puller