Next-generation speech technology for legal work.
Designed specifically for the legal industry, the all-new Dragon® Legal Individual, v15, a smarter next generation speech recognition solution for the PC empowers attorneys and other legal professionals to speed document turnaround and reduce transcription costs. Leveraging the latest Deep Learning technology, Dragon constantly learns and adapts to your unique voice and environmental variations to help you achieve new levels of personalized productivity and accuracy. A specialized legal vocabulary trained using more than 400 million words from legal documents enables you to quickly create and format case files, contracts, or briefs all by voice. Powerful customization, fast, accurate transcription and automatic formatting of legal citations further boost efficiency so you spend more time on serving clients and growing your practice.
Dragon Legal Individual is trained using more than 400 million words from legal documents to deliver optimal recognition accuracy for dictation of legal terms right from the start. To further increase speed and accuracy, you can create, import and share custom word lists that are relevant to your legal clients or format legal citations automatically. Dragon also enables a third party, such as support staff member, to easily edit a dictation or transcription for you, thereby speeding document turnaround and freeing personnel to focus on higher-value tasks.
Faster and more accurate than ever
Dragon Legal Individual, v15 expands the possibilities of speech recognition innovation with a next generation speech engine. Dragon uniquely brings consistent, optimal accuracy to the PC with Deep Learning technology and adaptation techniques that continuously adjust to your voice or environmental variations even while you’re dictating.
- Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy
- With new engine, get optimal accuracy for speakers with accents or in slight noisy environments such as in a cubicle environment
- Get highly accurate speech recognition results right out of the box with no training required
- Provides a personalized voice driven experience
- Achieve increasingly accurate results the more you use it
- Enjoy personalized accuracy; Dragon learns the words and phrases you use the most
Key features and benefits
- Legal-specific solution with special language model
- Format legal citations automatically
- Faster and more accurate than ever, with next-generation speech recognition technology that continues to adapt to your voice even while you’re dictating
- Create, format and edit by voice quickly and efficiently
- Easily create custom words such as proper names and specific industry terminology
- Create custom voice command stop insert frequently-used text and graphics
- Use a Nuance-approved digital recorder to capture thoughts on the go for later automatic transcription
- Sync customizations with the Dragon Anywhere mobile solution to continue documentation work anywhere you go
- Work easily on popular form factors such as portable touchscreen PCs
- Even easier to get started with enhanced help
- Further enhance accuracy with optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails
- Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don't have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling. You can easily switch between keyboard, mouse and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task.
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to make edits and apply formatting using your voice. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, dates, phone numbers, and more to appear, so you don't have to correct them every time.
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Enhanced Dictation (or Full Text Control), for fully voice-driven editing and command capabilities within many popular business applications that you use every day. Create documents such as reports, emails, forms and notes, and zip through computer tasks in record time.
Create custom words and vocabulary
Dragon Legal Individual easily learns acronyms, proper names and other unique or business-specific phrases that you frequently use so it captures your unique words the way you want. In addition, you can import and export your custom word lists.
Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently-used text and graphics
With Dragon Legal Individual, it's quick and easy to create custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently-used text and graphics.
This feature lets you insert a standard reply, a signature block, a logo, a form template or other boilerplate content by speaking a simple command for significant time savings.
Automate business processes with time-saving macros
Create macros to automate multi-step workflows or business processes via simple voice commands. For example, send an email to your sales distribution list, copy the senior management team, and print a hard copy for your files by saying something like, “Send standard sales distribution email.”
Transcribe your recordings from audio files
Dragon Legal Individual supports Nuance-approved digital voice recorders and smartphones for advanced recording functionality and can automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your PC. It leverages all the accuracy improvements gained from the state-of-the-art speech recognition engine for fewer post-corrections.
The transcription process features a fully streamlined setup for your own voice. Because acoustic and language model adaptation are automatically leveraged for the current user, no special training is required.
You can also accurately transcribe another single speaker’s voice from pre-recorded audio files or from podcasts. No additional training is also needed to transcribe third-party speakers, so you can complete transcription quickly and accurately.
Depending on your preference, you may take notes by recording your voice into an audio device for later transcription, or you can work with the Dragon Anywhere mobile app for immediate, professional-grade dictation. Dragon Legal Individual lets you work the way you want to optimize your productivity while on the road.
Sync with separate Dragon Anywhere mobile solution
Dragon Anywhere is a separate, cloud-based solution that provides continuous dictation capabilities, letting you create and edit documents of any length by voice directly on your iOS or Android device. It adapts to your voice and terminology so you can dictate, edit, navigate and format quickly and accurately within your document— using your own customized words, shortcuts and commands—from anywhere, at any time. You can share documents and sync custom words and commands with Dragon
Legal Individual for seamless productivity wherever your job takes you. Gain immediate access to your dictation so can spend less time behind a desk completing administrative tasks and more time contributing to your bottom line.
Work easily on popular form factors including touchscreens
Dragon is optimized for popular form factors such as portable touchscreen PCs so you can experience new levels of documentation productivity on the go. It’s great for today’s new PCs including highly mobile devices with hybrid touch and keyboard interaction modes.
Command and control your computer by voice for convenience and comfort
Launch applications, select menu items, press keys, switch between windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more all by voice, if you wish. Dragon Legal Individual gives you the flexibility to:
- Work hands-free, if desired
- Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your computer
- Feel less stress and strain on your body
- Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Simplify proofreading with natural sounding text-to-speech or audio playback
Dragon’s text-to-speech capability is a natural-sounding synthesized voice that reads designated text to you, thereby simplifying proofreading and supporting new levels of multi-tasking. With Dragon Legal Individual, you can also listen to audio playback of your own dictation with the associated text highlighted on the screen.
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon Legal Individual will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. Because Dragon lets you use multiple audio device types within the same profile, you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalized preferences for accuracy and formatting. This feature is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at work and your laptop’s built-in mic when you’re on the go.
With Dragon Legal Individual you have the option to use:
- Microphones built into many of the latest laptops: You're free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset
- Wireless Bluetooth mic: Use a Nuance-certified Bluetooth headset microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
- Any other Nuance-approved microphone: See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information
Extend accessibility and prevent repetitive stress injuries Dragon Legal Individual supports
Section 508 standards to eliminate barriers for individual workers with disabilities that limit their ability to use a keyboard and mouse. In addition, it helps prevent fatigue and repetitive stress injuries by offering a comfortable, ergonomic alternative to the keyboard and mouse.
Even easier to get started and master
Dragon Legal Individual makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. It's also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
Dragon offers multiple ways to accelerate mastery and get the most out of your speech recognition investment—even offering productivity tips and helping you discover advanced Dragon features. You can take advantage of:
- Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
- An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set for ever-increasing productivity gains
- Contextual guidance tailored to your usage will help you maximize the power of Dragon and complete documentation more efficiently than ever before
The all-new Dragon Legal Individual, v15 expands the boundaries of speech recognition innovation for document creation.
Featuring a smarter next-generation speech engine with the latest
Deep Learning technology, Dragon constantly learns and adapts to your unique voice and environmental variations—even while you’re dictating—to deliver new levels of personalized accuracy and productivity. With accuracy improvements of up to 15% over previous versions and across the board enhancements, including transcription features, broader application support, optimization for popular touchscreen PCs and contextual guidance tailored to your usage, Dragon v15 empowers you to complete documentation faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Faster and more accurate than ever
Dragon Legal Individual, v15 expands the possibilities of speech recognition innovation with a next-generation speech engine, significantly increasing accuracy over previous versions. Dragon uniquely brings consistent, optimal accuracy to the PC, with Deep
Learning technology and adaptation techniques that continuously adjust to your voice or environmental variations, even while you’re dictating. Dragon v15 provides:
- Up to 15% improved accuracy out of the box without training
- Continuous learning—even during dictation—for individually adapted accuracy improvements that enhance the user experience
- Optimal accuracy achieved for speakers with accents or in slight noisy environments such as in a cubicle environment
Formatting and other recognition improvements, for minimal editing
Dragon delivers improved recognition of number and email address formatting, hyperlink formatting in auto-texts, and place names based on how we naturally speak, resulting in fewer overall corrections. Examples include:
- “three double two five” -> “3225”
- “two point five million” -> “2.5 million”
- “oh point five” -> “0.5”
- “quarter of five” -> “4:45”
- “eight pounds fifty” -> “£8.50”
- “John dot Smith at Nuance dot com” -> email@example.com
- Better overall handling of Roman numerals
Optimized for popular form factors such as touchscreens
Dragon is optimized for popular form factors such as portable touchscreen PCs so you can experience new levels of documentation productivity on the go. It’s great for today’s new PCs including highly mobile devices with hybrid touch and keyboard interaction modes. You’ll enjoy an:
- Improved touch experience on Windows 10 tablets or tablet mode
- Improved ability to open and interact with the DragonBar by touch
Improved set up
Dragon provides simplified microphone selection for faster, easier setup:
- No transcription setup option needed
- No smartphone option needed (since built-in mic is already supported along with numerous other microphone options)
- Adding a new mic source is faster than ever with no additional training requirement
Improved user interface and experience
Dragon delivers an improved user experience that makes powerful features easier to discover and use.
Improved “Options” menu, with relevant options and settings consolidated into one easy-touse dialog box. Menu selections include for example:
- License management (for Dragon Anywhere or a quick upgrade to Dragon Legal)
- Profile management
- Auto-formatting options
Improved browser experience
- Detects when a web extension or plugin is not active and notifies the user with information on how to install it
Faster startup time with synchronization of shared words and auto-texts from Dragon Anywhere performed in the background; there is no need to log in and out for synchronization to occur
The enhanced transcription process leverages all the accuracy improvements gained from the state-of-the-art engine, while reducing the number of steps required to getting your audio recordings transcribed.
- Simplified user interface and better speaker management
- No training is required for transcription; you no longer need to initially transcribe and correct a short 90-second clip to achieve transcription accuracy
Acoustic and language model adaptation are automatically leveraged for the current user
- No training is required for third party transcription; there is also better separation of current user data versus third-party speaker data
- If you will be frequently transcribing a particular third party, the Help feature will guide you through creating a separate profile for that speaker
Fast, post-recognition process automatically applies basic punctuation that is not dictated to give you a head start as you review or correct your transcription results
Updated web and application support
Dragon empowers you to work even more quickly and accurately by voice with support for Enhanced
Dictation within the latest business applications. Web and desktop applications with enhanced support include, for example:
- WordPerfect X8
- Skype for Business
Contextual guidance tailored to your usage helps you maximize the power of Dragon and complete documentation more efficiently than ever before. Dragon offers multiple ways to accelerate proficiency and get the most out of your speech recognition investment—even offering productivity tips and helping you discover advanced Dragon features. You can take advantage of:
Helpful tips, triggered by first-time actions when the mic is on, such as:
- Explaining Enhanced Dictation when user is working in a supported application
- Tip to say “scratch that” when user hits backspace
- Browser help when user first enters web applications such as any webpage, Google Docs, Gmail, Web Word, or Outlook.com
- Tips for working with the dictation box
- Tips for working in tablet mode
Improved online help:
- Enhanced help that gives users easier access to top searches
- Changing content on main help page with highly used topics
- Short tutorial videos integrated in help for areas of high interest
- New troubleshooting sections
- Expanded navigational text that gives users more information/context
- More task-based dialog box help