Nuance® Dragon® Naturally Speaking Legal Upgrade from Version 10 and Higher to Version 12
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Legal enterprise speech recognition software helps users create documents and control their PCs by voice — three times faster than typing — to speed document turnaround and reduce transcription costs. Designed specifically for the legal community, it automatically formats legal citations, supports third-party correction and provides accurate out-of-the-box recognition of dictated legal terms.
- Up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Creation of documents, reports, spreadsheets, or messages just by speaking
- Ability to compose emails or search the Web for information faster than ever with Dragon Voice Shortcuts
- Nuance Text-to-Speech technology that reads on-screen text in human-sounding synthesized speech
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts that let you create email, schedule appointments, and search your desktop using simple voice commands
- Creation of custom commands for inserting frequently used text and graphics or automating routine data entry
- Ability to use Dragon with a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder and automatically transcribe your recorded voice
- Support for multiple audio input devices; use Dragon with a wireless microphone, including Bluetooth
- Support for Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, and virtually any other Windows application
- Audio playback of your dictation with the associated transcription highlighted on the screen for easier proofreading and correction
- Ability to import/export custom word lists that can include commonly used proper names or industry-specific terminology
- Preconfigured vocabulary that includes more than 30,000 legal terms
- Third-party correction features
- Dragon Voice Notations feature that allow the speaker to make side comments that are saved as part of the recorded dictation but do not appear as part of the transcribed text
- Support for custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently used text and graphics
- Administrative security options to enable only select users to modify vocabularies; add/modify/create custom commands; and view/edit/export custom commands
- Dragon profiles centralized on the network (Roaming configuration)
- Ability to create AutoTranscribe Folder Agent
- Remote management of word lists, custom commands and vocabularies (Nsadmin.exe and Data Distribution Tool wizard)
- MSI installation.
- High-quality headset microphone included with purchase
- FAST, ACCURATE DICTATION Dragon NaturallySpeaking Legal is the ideal solution for attorneys and other legal professionals who want to work faster and smarter. Dictate naturally to create contracts, briefs, court documents, email messages and more — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy.
- DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE LEGAL USER Take advantage of a preconfigured legal vocabulary that includes over 30,000 legal terms. Import custom word lists that reflect your clients and areas of specialty and share them across the enterprise. Automatically format legal citations. And enjoy faster document turnaround — with less reliance on support staff — using Dragon Legal’s third-party correction features.
- WORKS WITH MOST WINDOWS-BASED APPLICATIONS Use your voice to dictate, edit, and control virtually any Windows application, including the Microsoft® Office suite, Corel Word Perfect, and most case management programs.
- CONVENIENT VOICE SHORTCUTS Use simple voice commands to create files, send email, schedule meetings, open and close applications, save and convert documents, and search the Web or your desktop faster than ever before.
- MORE PRODUCTIVITY ON THE GO Use a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder from anywhere, at anytime to dictate briefs, contracts, correspondence, and more. Dragon automatically transcribes text when you connect to your PC. Wireless microphone support delivers added convenience.
- NO MORE TRANSCRIPTION BOTTLENECKS Speed document turnaround and reduce dependencies on support staff with third-party correction features. An Auto-Transcribe Folder Agent manages the transcribed text and synchronized audio flow of digital voice recordings to streamline third-party review and correction. A Roaming User feature supports dictation and third-party correction from different network locations and computing devices while ensuring centralized control of master user files.
- TIME-SAVING MACROS Easily create special voice commands that let you build and format document templates, insert frequently used text and graphics, or automate common workflow tasks like saving a document under a certain name, printing it, and attaching it to an email.
- IDEAL FOR ENTERPRISE DEPLOYMENTS Centrally manage voice profiles, custom vocabulary, feature access, and multiple installations over a network. Robust security features and administrative tools make Dragon enterprise ready.
- SECTION 508 CERTIFIED Meet government-mandated accessibility requirements for workers with disabilities. Prevent repetitive stress injuries and keep more employees on the job.
Even More Accurate
Improved Accuracy: Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11. This means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever. And when you do need to make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
Faster Than Ever
Faster Processors Yield Faster Performance: If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
Better performance: Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before.
Enhanced Web Mail
Enhanced Experience with Gmail and Hotmail: Dragon 12 enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 12 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
Interactive Tutorial: Proposed at the end of profile creation and available any time from the Help menu, the Interactive Tutorial in Dragon 12 offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
Wideband Bluetooth Support
Enhanced Bluetooth Support: Dragon 12 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the PC, Dragon 12 offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started. (Available in Premium Edition and above).
Smart Format Rules
Smart Format Rules: Dragon now reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
More Natural Text-to-Speech
More Natural Text-to-Speech Voice: Dragon 12’s natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text—with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control—for easy proofing and multi-tasking. (Available in Home Edition and Above).
Correction: When it comes to correcting a word or phrase, Dragon now includes more choices to make it quicker and easier to make a change.
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor). NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set is required)
Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache)
Free hard disk space: 3.2 GB (4 GB for localized non-English versions)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
RAM: We recommend 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit, 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.)
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help (free download at www.microsoft.com)
Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome 16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail
Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
A DVD-ROM drive for installation
A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes USB adapters and digital voice recorders).
Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation.
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.