Nuance® Dragon® Legal Version 11.5 has been replaced by Dragon NaturallySpeaking Legal Edition Version 12.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Legal is designed specifically for the legal community, Dragon Legal includes a special language model to help you achieve optimal out-of-the-box accuracy when dictating legal terms, automatically formats legal citations, and offers third-party correction features to speed document turnaround and reduce reliance on support staff. Create custom voice commands to build and format document templates. Use your iPhone or iPod as a wireless microphone. Dictate into a digital recorder for additional productivity on the go. Dragon Legal even provides security features, configuration options, and administrative tools for managing large user networks.
Improved Audio Input Options
- The new Dragon Remote Microphone application converts your iPhone, iPad or iPhone touch into a wireless microphone.
- The minimum reading time required to train Dragon for use with a digital recorder was reduced from 15 to 4 minutes. The enrollment user interface now guides the user through a simplified, clear set of instructions to set-up Dragon for use with a portable device.
Improved Corporate/Enterprise Usability
- Improvements to enterprise profile management make it easier to work with “roaming” user profiles based on specific network connections, and the enhanced open user dialog for large sites makes it faster to access multiple profiles.
Improved Speed and Accuracy
- 15% greater accuracy out of the box compared to Dragon 10.
- Improved ability to learn from corrections of misrecognitions —whether the revisions are dictated or typed — to deliver continuous accuracy improvements over time.
- Response times significantly faster than Dragon 10 for dictating, for selecting application menu items by voice, and for executing voice commands to perform application functions.
More Intuitive User Interface
- New Dragon Sidebar of commands makes it easier to discover and access important but often overlooked features, commands, and options.
- Recognition analytics alert you where there is an audio issue so you can achieve the best accuracy.
- Elimination of on-screen distraction enables you to focus more on your thoughts and ideas for better communication.
Time-Saving Voice Commands
- More Dragon Voice Shortcuts are included to consolidate multiple mouse clicks and keystrokes into a single voice command.
- New desktop and document navigation commands let you switch effortlessly between open windows by just saying the number of the selected window. Other commands make it simpler than ever to launch popular Windows programs on demand or to scroll up or down through pages of text within Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, and 2010 programs.
- Enhanced editing and formatting capabilities enable you to make multiple selections, edits or formatting changes at one time for improved productivity and time savings.
- FAST, ACCURATE DICTATION Dragon NaturallySpeaking Legal is the ideal solution for attorneys and other legal professionals who want to work faster and smarter. Dictate naturally to create contracts, briefs, court documents, email messages and more — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy.
- DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE LEGAL USER Take advantage of a preconfigured legal vocabulary that includes over 30,000 legal terms. Import custom word lists that reflect your clients and areas of specialty and share them across the enterprise. Automatically format legal citations. And enjoy faster document turnaround — with less reliance on support staff — using Dragon Legal’s third-party correction features.
- WORKS WITH MOST WINDOWS-BASED APPLICATIONS Use your voice to dictate, edit, and control virtually any Windows application, including the Microsoft® Office suite, Corel Word Perfect, and most case management programs.
- CONVENIENT VOICE SHORTCUTS Use simple voice commands to create files, send email, schedule meetings, open and close applications, save and convert documents, and search the Web or your desktop faster than ever before.
- MORE PRODUCTIVITY ON THE GO Use a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder from anywhere, at anytime to dictate briefs, contracts, correspondence, and more. Dragon automatically transcribes text when you connect to your PC. Wireless microphone support delivers added convenience.
- NO MORE TRANSCRIPTION BOTTLENECKS Speed document turnaround and reduce dependencies on support staff with third-party correction features. An Auto-Transcribe Folder Agent manages the transcribed text and synchronized audio flow of digital voice recordings to streamline third-party review and correction. A Roaming User feature supports dictation and third-party correction from different network locations and computing devices while ensuring centralized control of master user files.
- TIME-SAVING MACROS Easily create special voice commands that let you build and format document templates, insert frequently used text and graphics, or automate common workflow tasks like saving a document under a certain name, printing it, and attaching it to an email.
- IDEAL FOR ENTERPRISE DEPLOYMENTS Centrally manage voice profiles, custom vocabulary, feature access, and multiple installations over a network. Robust security features and administrative tools make Dragon enterprise ready.
- SECTION 508 CERTIFIED Meet government-mandated accessibility requirements for workers with disabilities. Prevent repetitive stress injuries and keep more employees on the job.
15% fewer speech recognition errors out of the box than Dragon 10; Recognition Analytics (Dragon automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation); multi-core support makes use of machines with multi-core architecture.
Faster response times for commands.
Enhanced Correction Menu and Spelling Window; new “don’t recognize that word” command; Dragon “learns” from edits, including keyboard edits, faster than ever before.
Enhanced Accuracy Center with focus on ease of use.
Enhanced DragonBar with contextual messages to improve usability and feature discoverability; new Dragon Sidebar presenting commands and tips; redesigned Profile Creation Wizard with focus on ease of use; more readable text for enrollment and microphone check.
Help System and Tutorials
Includes richer tutorial and tips; at anytime, you can search the Help for a particular word or phrase.
Editing and Formatting Text
Handle multiple instances of a word or phrase in your text.
Command and Control
Global commands for launching applications and folders, switching to a specific window, or tabbing multiple times.
Application Support: Word Processing
WordPerfect X5 and Word 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only.)
Application Support: Email
Outlook 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only.)
Application Support: Spreadsheets
Excel 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only.)
Application Support: Presentations
PowerPoint 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only.)
Dragon Voice Shortcuts for Web Search
Shortcut commands to search more websites, including Nuance Technical Support.
Dragon Voice Shortcuts for Email and Desktop Search
Email shortcut commands to control messages and desktop content; new shortcut to search Dragon Help.
Improved playback functionality and options.
Reduced enrollment reading time to 4 minutes; direct support for recordings in .dss and .ds2 file formats.
Profile-opening convenience for large sites.
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor. We recommend 1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required.)
- Processor Cache: minimum 512 KB. We recommend 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 3.2 GB (2.8 GB for localized non-English versions.)
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, SP1 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: minimum 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008. We recommend 2 GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 64-bit
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase.) See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes information on Bluetooth microphones, recorders, and Tablet PCs.)
Note: An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process.)
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.