Dragon® Naturally Speaking Professional Version 12
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Professional allows you to dictate naturally to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, email and more — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy. Import and share custom word lists with unique names, acronyms and terminology tailored to your business or industry. Intelligent reminders prompt you to initiate analysis of documents and emails so Dragon adapts to the words and phrases you are likely to use. Correcting or revising dictated text is fast and simple, too. Natural-sounding Text-to-Speech reads editable text—with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control—for easy proofing and multi-tasking. Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time. Plus, the software automatically updates your voice profile based on your dictation sessions and corrections to deliver continuous accuracy improvements. The more you use Dragon 12, the better it transcribes your speech. Dragon even takes advantage of the latest PC multi-core processors to further boost speech recognition performance.
- Up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Creation of documents, reports, spreadsheets, or messages just by speaking
- Ability to compose emails or search the Web for information faster than ever with Dragon Voice Shortcuts
- Nuance Text-to-Speech technology that reads on-screen text in human-sounding synthesized speech
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts that let you create email, schedule appointments, and search your desktop using simple voice commands
- Creation of custom commands for inserting frequently used text and graphics or automating routine data entry
- Ability to use Dragon with a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder and automatically transcribe your recorded voice
- Support for multiple audio input devices; use Dragon with a wireless microphone, including Bluetooth
- Support for Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and virtually any other Windows application
- Audio playback of your dictation with the associated transcription highlighted on the screen for easier proofreading and correction
- Ability to import/export custom word lists that can include commonly used proper names or industry-specific terminology
- Support for custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently used text and graphics
- Administrative security options to enable only select users to modify vocabularies; add/modify/create custom commands; and view/edit/export custom commands
- Dragon profiles centralized on the network (Roaming configuration)
- Remote management of wordlists, custom commands and vocabularies (Nsadmin.exe and Data Distribution Tool wizard)
- MSI installation
- High-quality headset microphone included with purchase
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor). NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set is required)
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache)
- Free hard disk space: 3.2 GB (4 GB for localized non-English versions)
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2, 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition, 64-bit
- RAM: We recommend 2 GB for 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008, 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, 2 GB for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome 16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase).
Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process).
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.