The all-new Dragon Professional Individual for Mac, v6, a smarter next-generation speech recognition solution empowers busy professionals to complete documentation and reporting quickly and accurately on the Mac, so you spend more time on activities that boost the bottom line. Leveraging the latest in Deep Learning technology, Dragon constantly learns and adapts to your unique voice and environmental variations—even while you’re dictating—to deliver new levels of personalized accuracy and productivity. Robust transcription, powerful customization, Full Text
Control within the latest business applications and the ability to seamlessly sync with the Dragon
Anywhere mobile dictation solution, extend the benefits of speech recognition to meet your unique business needs wherever your job takes you.
Faster and more accurate than ever
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac expands the possibilities of speech recognition innovation with a next-generation speech engine.
Dragon uniquely brings consistent, optimal accuracy to the Mac with Deep Learning technology and adaptation techniques that continuously adjust to your voice or environmental variations even while you’re dictating.
- Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy
- With new engine, get optimal accuracy for speakers with accents or in slight noisy environments such as in a cubicle environment
- Get highly accurate speech recognition results right out of the box with no training required
- Provides a personalized voice driven experience
- Achieve increasingly accurate results the more you use it
- Enjoy personalized accuracy; Dragon learns the words and phrases you use the most
- Further enhance accuracy
with optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails
- Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
Key features and benefits
- Faster and more accurate than ever, with next-generation speech recognition technology that continues to adapt to your voice even while you’re dictating
- Create, format and edit by voice quickly and efficiently in the latest applications
- Easily create custom words such as proper names and specific industry terminology
- Create custom voice commands to insert frequently-used text
- Use a Nuance-approved digital recorder to capture thoughts on the go for later automatic transcription
- Sync customizations with the Dragon Anywhere mobile solution to continue documentation work anywhere you go
- Even easier to get started with enhanced help
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don’t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling. You can easily switch between keyboard, mouse and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task.
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to make edits and apply formatting using your voice. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart
Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, dates, phone numbers, and more to appear, so you don’t have to correct them every time.
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Full
Text Control, for fully voice-driven editing and command capabilities within many popular business applications that you use every day.
Create documents such as reports, emails, forms and notes, and zip through computer tasks in record time.
Create custom words and vocabulary
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac easily learns acronyms, proper names and other unique or business-specific phrases that you frequently use so it captures your unique words the way you want. In addition, you can import and export your custom word lists.
Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently-used text
With Dragon Professional Individual for Mac, it’s quick and easy to create custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently-used text. This feature lets you insert a standard reply, a signature block, a form template or other boilerplate content by speaking a simple command for significant time savings.
Automate business processes with time-saving macros
Give voice to the automation capabilities built into your Mac. Create macros to automate simple workflows or multi-step business processes via simple voice commands. For example, send an email to your sales distribution list, copy the senior management team, and print a hard copy for your files by saying something like, “Send standard sales distro email.”
Transcribe your recordings from audio files
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac supports Nuance-approved digital voice recorders and smartphones for advanced recording functionality and can automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your Mac. It leverages all the accuracy improvements gained from the state-of-the-art speech recognition engine for fewer post corrections.
The transcription process features a fully streamlined setup for your own voice. Because acoustic and language model adaptation are automatically leveraged for the current user, no special training is required.
You can also accurately transcribe another single speaker’s voice from pre-recorded audio ?les or from podcasts. No additional training is also needed to transcribe third-party speakers,* so you can complete transcription quickly and accurately.
Depending on your preference, you may take notes by recording your voice into an audio device for later transcription, or you can work with the Dragon Anywhere mobile app for immediate, professional-grade dictation. Dragon Professional Individual for Mac lets you work the way you want to optimize your productivity while on the road.
* Transcription of third-party speakers may require an additional license for each unique speaker.
Sync with separate Dragon Anywhere mobile solution
Dragon Anywhere is a separate, cloud-based solution that provides continuous dictation capabilities, letting you create and edit documents of any length by voice directly on your iOS or Android device. It adapts to your voice and terminology so you can dictate, edit, navigate and format quickly and accurately within your document— using your own customized words, shortcuts and commands—from anywhere, at any time. You can share documents and sync custom words and commands with Dragon
Professional Individual for Mac for seamless productivity wherever your job takes you. Gain immediate access to your dictation so can spend less time behind a desk completing administrative tasks and more time contributing to your bottom line.
Command and control your computer by voice for convenience and comfort
Launch applications, select menu items, press keys, switch between windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more all by voice, if you wish. Dragon Professional Individual for Mac gives you the flexibility to:
- Work hands-free, if desired
- Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your computer
- Feel less stress and strain on your body
- Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon Professional Individual for Mac will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. Because
Dragon lets you use multiple audio device types within the same profile, you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalized preferences for accuracy and formatting. This feature is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at work and your laptop’s builtin mic when you’re on the go.
With Dragon Professional Individual for Mac you have the option to use:
- Microphones built into all iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro computers: You’re free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset
- Wireless Bluetooth mic: Use a Nuance-certified Bluetooth headset microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
- Any other Nuance-approved microphone: See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information
Extend accessibility and prevent repetitive stress injuries
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac eliminates barriers for individual workers with disabilities that limit their ability to use a keyboard and mouse. In addition, it helps prevent fatigue and repetitive stress injuries by offering a comfortable, ergonomic alternative to the keyboard and mouse.
Even easier to get started and master
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. It’s also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
Dragon offers multiple ways to accelerate mastery and get the most out of your speech recognition investment—even offering productivity tips and helping you discover advanced Dragon features.
You can take advantage of:
- Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
- An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set for ever-increasing productivity gains
- Contextual guidance tailored to your usage will help you maximize the power of Dragon and complete documentation more efficiently than ever before
The all-new Dragon Professional Individual for Mac, v6 expands the boundaries of speech recognition innovation for document creation.
Featuring a smarter next-generation speech engine with the latest Deep Learning technology, Dragon constantly learns and adapts to your unique voice and environmental variations—even while you’re dictating—to deliver new levels of personalized accuracy and productivity. With accuracy improvements of up to 15% over previous versions and across the board enhancements, including transcription features, Full Text Control support for key business applications such as Apple Keynote, Apple Pages or Microsoft Outlook 2016, and enhanced online help, Dragon empowers you to complete documentation faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Faster and more accurate than ever
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac expands the possibilities of speech recognition innovation with a next-generation speech engine, significantly increasing accuracy over previous versions. Dragon uniquely brings consistent, optimal accuracy to the Mac, with Deep
Learning technology and adaptation techniques that continuously adjust to your voice or environmental variations, even while you’re dictating. Dragon provides:
- Up to 15% improved accuracy out of the box without training
- Continuous learning—even during dictation—for individually adapted accuracy improvements that enhance the user experience
- Optimal accuracy achieved for speakers with accents or in slight noisy environments such as in a cubicle environment
Updated application support
Dragon empowers you to work even more quickly and accurately by voice with support for Full Text Control* within the latest business applications. Applications with enhanced support include for example:
- Apple Pages
- Apple Keynote
- Apple Numbers
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
* Full Text Control requires adoption of Apple’s Accessibility API
Formatting and other recognition improvements, for minimal editing
Dragon delivers improved recognition of number, email address formatting and place names based on how we naturally speak, resulting in fewer overall corrections.
- “three double two five” -> “3225”
- “two point five million” -> “2.5 million”
- “oh point five” -> “0.5”
- “quarter of five” -> “4:45”
- “eight pounds fifty” -> “£8.50”
- “John dot Smith at Nuance dot com” -> firstname.lastname@example.org
- Better overall handling of Roman numerals
Improved user interface and experience
Dragon delivers an improved user experience that makes powerful features easier to discover and use.
- Clearer Full Text Control indicator on the new Guidance Window for an enhanced dictation experience
- Improved Status Window, Correction Window and streamlined Profiles management
- New License preference pane to manage licenses or subscriptions
- New automated backups of commands and vocabulary
- Improved Command management
- Faster startup time with optimizations throughout
The enhanced transcription process leverages all the accuracy improvements gained from the state-of-the-art engine, while reducing the number of steps required to getting your audio recordings transcribed.
- Simplified user interface and better speaker management
- No training is required for transcription; you no longer need to initially transcribe and correct a short 90-second clip to achieve transcription accuracy
- Acoustic and language model adaptation are automatically leveraged for the current user
- No training is required for third party transcription;* there is also better separation of current user data versus third-party speaker data
* Transcription of third-party speakers may require an additional license for each unique speaker.
Transcription Batch Mode
Now use Batch Mode and save time if you have multiple audio files to transcribe. In the Transcription Window, simply drop as many files that you need to have transcribed to the “Audio Files to Transcribe” list and Dragon Professional Individual for Mac transcribes them all together, quickly and efficiently.
Dragon offers multiple ways to accelerate proficiency and get the most out of your speech recognition investment—even offering productivity tips and helping you discover advanced Dragon features. You can take advantage of:
Improved online help:
- Enhanced help that gives users easier access to top searches
- Changing content on main help page with highly used topics
- Short tutorial videos integrated in help for areas of high interest
- New troubleshooting sections
- Expanded navigational text that gives users more information/ context
- More task-based dialog box help