Olympus DS-2500 Professional Digital Portable Voice Recorder and AS-2400 Transcription Kit
The Perfect Blend and Ease of Use.
The DS-2500 professional dictation system is designed to dramatically increase efficiency and streamline operations in any professional environment. Packed with premium features and intuitive controls, it’s easily manageable, secure and absolutely mobile – the ideal device wherever the job might take you.
Olympus, the market leader for digital voice recorders, introduces the DS-2500 – the new standard in portable recording devices. The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder packs many popular features of Olympus’ professional dictation systems into an accessible, easy-to-use recorder. It’s the ideal solution for any office that relies on accurate, small-scale dictation and transcription, as well as individuals who need professional-level recording capabilities at the push of a button.
SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY
The DS-2500’s redesigned, speech-optimized microphone is independently housed for flawless sound reproduction. It offers multiple recording modes, as well as two quality levels – QP (16 kHz/28 kbps) and SP (12 kHz/13.7 kbps).
The AS-2400 is compatible with DS, DM, WS, VN-3200PC and VN-5200PC recorders from Olympus to provide a complete transcription solution. Complete with foot pedal, headset, and powerful software, the AS-2400 can easily be integrated into the workflow of any office system and significantly streamline data sharing and distribution of dictations between professionals, departments, and office locations.
Automatically download files when the recorder is connected to PC.
Edit files, add/remove index, add comments, or change the priority setting.
HANDS FREE CONTROL
Included RS-27 Foot pedal can control playback of the file.
EASY FILE MANAGEMENT
Manage DSS, DSS Pro, WMA, MP3 and WAV/AIFF audio files.
As a Certified Olympus Pro Dictation Partner shipping is only permitted to USA addresses.
The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder features:
- A compact, professional-quality microphone, with variable recording modes to capture superior audio files in any condition
- Up to 303 hours of recording time with the included 2 GB SD card (expandable to 32 GB)
- Intuitive, ergonomic push-button controls
- Up to 37 hours of recording time on two AAA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries (included), enhanced by innovative Variable Control Voice Actuator recording mode, recording only when sound is detected, ensuring you’re only recording what is needed
- Backlit LCD screen for consistent viewing, even in bright conditions
Simple file management, with five internal folders and easy USB connection to computers running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 or Mac OSX “The Olympus DS-2500 gives every user access to some of the most innovative features on the market,” said Amy Leslie, Senior Marketing and Business Development Manager, Olympus Imaging America, Inc. “It’s capable of handling complex professional tasks in any IT environment, but it’s still incredibly intuitive and simple to use right out of the box.”
The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder is an accessible, easy-to-use digital voice recorder built upon the feature-rich heritage of Olympus’ industry-leading line of professional dictation devices. The Olympus DS-2500 is designed to give any user fast access to superior recording capabilities and scalability out of the box. It’s simply professional.
The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder was created with every level of user in mind. It’s simple enough for the student who wants to record crisp, clear audio notes, and capable enough for the legal or medical professional who needs a device to serve as the backbone of their small office’s dictation process. With its unique combination of professional-level features and ease-of-use, the Olympus DS-2500 is the most versatile digital voice recorder on the market.
Support for any environment
The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder offers extensive flexibility and customizability. With two levels of microphone sensitivity, two DS2 recording levels (QP – 16 kHz/28 kbps and SP – 12 kHz/13.7 kbps), three playback speeds and scalable SD card storage up to 32 GB, it offers the right feature set for any individual or small-office environment. The Olympus DS-2500 can even be combined with Olympus accessories to offer small law firms and medical practices a cost-effective dictation and transcription solution.
File management made easy
The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder makes managing your audio files easier than ever. Five internal folders and up to 32 index point per recording makes it simple to find what you need directly from the device. Once the DS-2500 is connected to a computer via a built-in USB port, the included DSS Player Standard software allows users to easily access, save, index, share and enhance their recordings.
The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder’s 6mm microphone offers professional-quality recording capabilities. The proprietary DS2 file format provides excellent playback through a computer, standard 3.5mm headphone jack or the integrated 23mm/300mW speaker.
The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder ships with DSS Player Standard software (CD-ROM), 2GB SD card, USB cable, carrying case, two AAA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries, instruction manual and Olympus warranty card.
- Plays DSS, DSS Pro, WMA, MP3 and WAV/AIFF audio formats in the background when another application is running, such as a word processor.
- Enables foot switch control of the playback process.
- Transcription can be done by combining the playback sound with the adjustable playback speed, tone control, and noise cancellation.(It is not possible to playback while setting the playback speed and noise cancellation simultaneously with the Macintosh version.)
- Voice recognition of dictation files is possible with the Dragon Naturally Speaking 8.0 and later.*
- Automatic software update through Internet.*
- 2 modes/views of operation for Transcribe bar.*
* Windows only