The title Demo model means the dictation / transcription machine or dictation / transcription accessory is a demonstration model used either in our showroom floor or at trade shows. It is by far the best value for any of our dictation / transcription equipment and/or accessories we offer. Typically a demo dictator, transcriber, dictation / transcription system or dictation / transcription accessory does not include the original packaging and is available at a substantial discount.
Demo portable dictators, desktop dictators / transcribers, digital systems and dictation / transcription accessories get the same rigorous inspection that our Certified Pre-Owned dictator, transcriber and accessories gets. Prior to listing for sale, demo portable dictators, desktop dictators / transcribers, digital dictation stations, digital dictation systems, microphones, headsets, foot pedals, etc. are put through a rigorous inspection and testing by our factory trained technical service department. Every demo dictation / transcription machine or dictation / transcription accessory has up to a 35 point inspection. No detail is missed. We even take a professional tooth brush to the exterior of the dictation / transcription equipment, foot pedals, microphones, headsets, etc. if necessary. All portable dictators, desktop dictators / transcribers, digital systems and dictation / transcription accessories and appropriate accessories are then professionally shrink wrapped.
Because a Demonstration dictation / transcription machine was never sold by ECS, it has the same warranty as a new dictation / transcription machine. Demo dictation / transcription equipment are guaranteed or certified by Executive Communication Systems to be free from defects in parts/labor for 90 days after our receipt of order. Demo dictation / transcription accessories are guaranteed or certified by Executive Communication Systems to be free from defects in parts/labor for 60 days after our receipt of order. Additionally, for added peace of mind, virtually every demo machine sold today by ECS qualifies for an extended annual enhancement and support agreement. Please email questions regarding extended service to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does Demonstration dictation / transcription equipment and demo dictation / transcription accessories come with same warranty as new?
- Why is Demonstration dictation / transcription equipment and demo dictation / transcription accessories considering by ECS to be the best value when available?
- The warranty is the same as a new dictation / transcription machine or dictation / transcription accessory since it has never been sold by ECS. Typically original packaging is not included. Substantial discount pricing is applied to all demo equipment.
- What is involved in the demo inspection process?
- The serial number for the machine is checked against our accounting program to be sure it has never been sold by us and is then put through extensive testing on all functions to make sure the machine meets new specifications. Once a machine passes this initial test phase, it's put through a series of evaluations (further defined as the inspection process) to see if it meets our stringent guidelines for a demonstration machine.
We've organized these detailed inspections into six separate criteria that vary depending on the dictation / transcription machine or dictation / transcription accessory. These criteria are:
- General evaluation, including all recording, playback and overall operation.
- Interior assessment, including cassette holders, memory card slot, belts, pinch rollers, gears, tires, motor(s), playback heads, erase heads, record heads, solenoids, spring tensions and general adjustments.
- Exterior assessment, including buttons, displays, lids, doors, covers, speakers, USB jacks, mic jacks, ear phone jacks and power jacks.
- Interior evaluation, including electrical switches, connectors, cables and contacts.
- Required service and maintenance assessment, such as lube, tension check, torque check and smooth operation.
- Exterior detailing analysis, including inspection of entire surface and general cleaning.