If you work in a corporate environment, Dragon Professional Group is the perfect documentation productivity solution for you and your staff.
While Dragon Home or Premium editions offer many great features for residential users, and Dragon Professional Individual is great for a single user only, Dragon Professional Group provides powerful, enterprise-ready capabilities for easily deploying speech recognition across multiple users to drive higher documentation productivity.
Dragon Professional Group enterprise-ready speech recognition software enables fast, accurate dictation with robust customization features to improve documentation productivity for multiple users within an organization— whether they’re in the office or on the road. This powerful solution, which provides support for Citrix virtualized environments, helps corporations work smarter and more efficiently for bottom-line results.
Fast, easy deployment, customization and management
Dragon Professional Group, along with Nuance Management Center, enables administration across multiple Dragon users to save time and reduce support needs. The enterprise-ready solution makes it easy for IT administrators to:
- Customize the installation and deployment to multiple computers
- Manage and maintain (modify, repair, upgrade, remove) Dragon and all associated user profiles and configurations
You can deploy Dragon to multiple desktops using the built-in Windows Installer (MSI) with customized options. Because all Dragon Professional custom commands and vocabularies can be shared, it’s fast and easy to push out customization updates as needed.
The solution’s centralized administration features allow you to track which employees have created user profiles and control where they are stored to facilitate license management compliance. With control over all user configurations, you can more efficiently schedule maintenance tasks, such as tuning using the Acoustic and Language Model Optimizer.
Support for published applications in Citrix® virtualized environments
Dragon Professional Group supports installation on Citrix XenApp or Citrix XenDesktop servers, enabling users to dictate from workstations that do not have Dragon installed. In this configuration, the Dragon application is only installed on the same Citrix server as the target application that will be used for dictation, such as Microsoft Word or a records management system. By installing Dragon on a Citrix server computer, you can have Dragon rely on the Citrix server for all processing activities. Furthermore, deploying Dragon on a Citrix XenApp or Citrix XenDesktop server provides Dragon users with
Full Text Control, for supported applications running on that same Citrix server.
Share customizations with Dragon Anywhere Group
Dragon Anywhere Group is an enterprise-ready, professional-grade, cloud based dictation solution for busy professionals who want to work faster and smarter using their mobile device. Dragon Anywhere Group lets you customize words and create boilerplate text or commands to dictate and edit documents of any length by voice—quickly and accurately—directly on your iOS or Android device. Your documents can be shared and customizations synced up with Dragon Professional Group, so you can continue your work seamlessly wherever you go. Easily enable and maintain Dragon
Anywhere Group for multiple professionals in your organization, including centrally managing subscriptions, tracking usage, and automatically sharing customizations. By being more productive on the road, you and your employees can focus more time on clients, customers and core business tasks.
Central administration of Dragon Professional Group
The Nuance Management Center (available separately) provides central user administration capabilities that allow corporations to easily enable and manage Dragon Professional Group deployments. It helps businesses use licenses more efficiently, better meet requirements for reporting accuracy, and centrally manage their Dragon deployments to save time and reduce operating costs.
Drive productivity with custom commands
Dragon Professional Group makes it easy for organizations to create custom commands to automate repetitive or manual processes, integrate them into existing workflows, and share them across the user community. Because these custom commands can be distributed to multiple users, employees are able to use them for immediate productivity gains instead of having to create them on their own.
Dragon Professional Group offers many options for creating custom commands to meet your workflow needs:
- Open-ended custom commands: Dragon Professional Group allows for custom command types that support open-ended dictation, letting you to end the command’s name with any word or phrase in Dragon’s vocabulary, as opposed to a word or phrase from a defined list of command variables. This enables users to have, for instance, commands that search for given words within their company’s intranet (similar to the built-in search commands such as “search Wikipedia for…”).
- Dragon Templates: Filling out forms and files that have fields can be a challenge, but Dragon Professional Group makes it easy to complete the task using your voice. With the ability to add variable fields to a template in any text document, Dragon Professional Group speeds and simplifies the process of filling in commonly used forms. You just have to say “Next Field” to navigate to each form field.
- Macro Recorder: Use Dragon’s Macro Recorder to record your keystrokes and mouse-clicks, and then save the series of actions under a single voice command. This is a great feature for instantly executing commonly-used tasks that would normally require a series of multiple commands or hand actions.
- Step-by-Step Commands: The Step-by-Step option in Dragon’s command-creation wizard lets you automate a series of actions (such as launching applications or invoking certain application features). This feature makes it easy to automate an action or series of actions with a single voice command, even if you’re not a programmer.
- Advanced Scripting: Those with some programming knowledge can use Dragon’s VBA-like advanced scripting to voice-enable specific custom functions on the computer in order to better integrate with your existing applications and workflows.
Increase dictation accuracy with custom vocabularies
Depending on their industry, business, department, or role, different employees use different vocabulary on the job. For example, people who work in the insurance industry would use distinctly different words, phrases and acronyms than those who work in government. Likewise, people in marketing roles would use different terminology than those in manufacturing.
Dragon Professional Group lets you add custom words with any preferred formatting properties directly to the vocabulary so the software accurately types your dictation the way you want it to appear. You can import and export these vocabularies as needed—in formats such as XML—for easy sharing of customizations across specific user groups, departments, or the entire organization. Multiple vocabularies can be created, and managed by administrators to meet employee requests.
Enhance productivity for on-the-go employees
With roaming profiles and preferences stored and synchronized in a central network location, users can dictate from different computers on the network without having to create and train new profiles and preferences at each location. Users can even continue to use Dragon even if the network is unavailable. If https roaming is configured, the administrator can manage security by setting up username and password authorization for specific user profiles.
Dragon Professional Group supports remote use on a computer running
Windows Server 2012 or Window Server 2008 R2. With Microsoft’s free Remote Desktop connection software (formerly called Terminal Services Client), users can utilize Dragon from a local Windows computer on which
Dragon itself is not installed.
Easy batch processing and post-editing of transcriptions
With Dragon Professional Group, you can automatically transcribe into a selected directory with a specified profile and the audio portion of your dictation can be embedded in the document through the AFTA (Auto
Transcribe Folder Agent) process. Storing the audio file with the automatically transcribed documents saves time and simplifies editing by the user or a third party. You can even include “voice notations”—spoken instructions for third-party editors that you don’t want transcribed—in Microsoft Word.
Dragon Professional Group offers the ability to accurately transcribe another single speaker’s voice from pre-recorded audio files or from podcasts without having to create and train a profile using a recording of that single speaker reading pre-selected text. To transcribe an audio file, Dragon checks if your profile needs a transcription source created and will lead you through a training process. If your audio recording is of a different speaker, you must create a new profile. Only a 90 second audio clip of that speaker (instead of the speaker personally present to read a passage) is required for training.
.m4a format is now supported (in addition to .wav, .wma, .mp3, .dss and .ds2).
Nuance PowerMic support
Dragon Professional Group supports Nuance PowerMic. PowerMic is a robust, ergonomic handheld microphone featuring simplified, thumb-control operation (for dictating, editing, navigating, and reviewing documents using speech recognition), programmable buttons and integrated mouse functionality. It is ideal for professionals who are looking for new levels of dictation speed, ease-of-use and productivity.
Meet accessibility and reporting requirements
With all its shared customization capabilities, Dragon Professional Group can be easily adapted as needed to meet stringent compliance requirements for accessibility or industry reporting.
Save with enhanced volume licensing program
The Nuance Open License Program (OLP) is a convenient, and now even easier to use volume purchasing program designed to help enterprise customers maximize their savings potential. This licensing program is only available for Dragon Group editions.
The OLP allows companies to license software for use rather than purchasing “boxed” products. A company can use single electronic download and single serial number for faster installation.
This tiered purchasing program offers numerous benefits:
- Reduced costs to organizations when purchasing volume licenses, upgrade assurance, and technical support
- Simplified purchasing with no contract required
- Discount tiers based on cumulative purchases, allowing organizations to accumulate purchases to move up in discount tiers
- Program policies that are easy to understand and administer
- No commitment beyond the first purchase.
Stay up-to-date and running smoothly the way you need
If you have limited IT resources, need to support specific workflow requirements, or just want to get up and running quickly with customizations, deployment and training, we have you covered. Nuance offers complete
Professional Services tailored to your needs that can help you start realizing significant documentation productivity gains from Dragon for accelerated return on investment.
Nuance also offers maintenance and support programs that allow you to:
- Stay up to date with the latest version of Dragon, including major and minor releases with all related enhancements
- Resolve issues quickly and maximize user productivity with access to Dragon resources and customer support
Professional service and maintenance and support programs are only available with Dragon Professional Group