The Olympus DS-2600 is an amazing product! The device is very compact and easy to use. The sound quality is crystal clear and its surprising how well it filters out background noise. The battery life is also impressive, lasting for hours. Overall, I highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a reliable and high-quality voice recorder for their work or personal use.
Olympus DS-2600 Digital Dictation Portable Voice Recorder
- 2 Year Mail In Parts/Labor Warranty
- Free Shipping
Professional Dictation, Life Simplified.
Olympus makes dictation simple with the DS-2600, providing an easy to navigate user interface and dual-directional stereo recording for public and crowded spaces, ideal for professionals and individuals who get things done.
With advanced features including a superior noise canceling system, 4-position slide switch, and three different recording formats, the DS-2600 will increase dictation management efficiency. Equipped with dual microphones to control the directionality, designed for superior conference recording. A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds such as breath and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy for high quality recordings, enhancing software transcription ability.
Built with an intuitive design and equipped with a 4-position slide switch, the DS-2600 is designed to be productive and dependable, for individuals working in any environment. Complete with a wide range of editing options for easy text creation to quickly modify your files, the DS-2600 will make turning recordings into notes as effortless as possible.
• Dictate with Accuracy & Clarity
• Built-In Professional Quality Studio Recording
• Motion Sensor and VCVA Technology
• 4 Position Optical Slide Switch
• DSS Software Compatibility
• Li-ion Battery
• DSS/PCM/MP3 Recording Formats
Dictate with Accuracy & Clarity
Dual microphone technology settings ensure optimization for many different recording environments. For example in a conference room environment with multiple individuals speaking, use a wide directionality setting recording to accurately capture all presenters.
Built-In PROFESSIONAL QUALITY STUDIO RECORDING BUILT-IN
The included studio quality pop filter reduces additional noise from wind and breath noise, encouraging more accurate transcription and professional quality recordings.
Motion Sensor and VCVA Technology
While the motion sensor allows the user to wake up the device by picking it up to immediately start recording, the Olympus VCVA technology automatically tracks pauses in a speaker's dictation in order to save time, power and recording space. These features are easily customized and allow 15 different sensitivity levels, providing intuitive usage and power saving options for every user.
4 Position Optical Slide Switch
An optical slide switch reduces risk of mechanical failure while also improving ease of use with slide positions for record, stop, play and rewind.
• Dual-directional microphones for stereo recording capability
• Triple-layer sound studio pop filter blocks breath and wind vibrations
• Precise 4-position slide switch (REC / STOP / PLAY / REW)
• Precise slide switch (REC / STOP / PLAY / REW)
• Full Color 2.4 inch TFT LCD
• Rechargeable Li-ion-battery (1350mAh)
• Storage media: Secure Digital (SD, SDHC), 2GB, 32GB (External)
• Internal storage media: 2GB (micro SD), DSS Pro SP = approx. 306 hours recording time
• DSS / DSS Pro / WAV / MP3
Advanced Recording Features
• Motion sensor detects movement of the unit to automatically wake the device from sleep
• Voice activated recording (VCVA)
• Microphone sensitivity: 3 Levels (High/Middle/Low)(Conference Mode = Auto)
• Insert, Overwrite, Append, Partially erase: Only with DSS Pro & DSS (Overwrite & Append: also WAV)
• Index Marks Per File: 32 (DSS Pro/WAV/MP3), 16 (DSS)
• Level meter, VCVA indicator
• Folders: Up to 7 (name changeable)
• Speed: Slow/Normal/Fast
• Volume level: Adjustable from 0 to 30
• Cue / Review
• Dimensions: 4.75 in (H) x 1.96 in (W) x .73 in (D) weight: 3.1 oz (including battery)
• Languages: English, German, Czech, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Italian
• Operating systems: Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10) | Mac OS X (10.10-10.13)
• Recommended operating condition: 0-42°C / 32-107.6°F
• Micro USB 2.0 composite / storage class
• Charging via AC adapter or USB
• Speaker (integrated): Built-in .43 x .59 in square dynamic speaker, 320mW (8Ω speaker)
• Headphone/microphone jacks: Ø3.5mm mini jack | impedance 2kΩ,
• Ø3.5mm mini jack | impedance 8Ω or more
What's in the Box
• Warranty card
• Quick User Guide
• LI-92B Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
• KP-30 microUSB Cable
• CS-151 Carrying Case
• DSS Player Standard R2 Dictation Module License ID
• LI-92B Li-ion battery
• CR-21 Docking Station (for USB download only)
• A-517 AC adaptor
• AS-2400 PC transcription kit
As a Certified Olympus Pro Dictation Partner shipping is only permitted to USA addresses.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Year Mail In Parts/Labor Warranty
Categories this product is listed in:
Reviews Write a Review
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love this recorder. The noise canceling is great and it's easy to figure out its UI. The battery lasts a crazy long time and it works for speech recognition really well. Olympus really has it figured out.
I've been using the DS-2600 for about two months now and I've been very pleased with it. It's a quality product with a lot of features that make it easier to record dictation from a variety of directions. The DS-2600 is also fairly easy to use, especially if you don't have dictation experience.
Our inspection service company has been using various models of Olympus digital voice recorders for over 10 years ... so we are VERY familiar with how they work, why they are designed the way they are, and why we like certain features. This latest recorder is a slightly different model; but it appears to have all the features we've come to depend upon, along with a few minor improvements that are nice to see. I would recommend any of the Olympus digital voice recorders to anyone needing dependable, high-quality voice recordings.