I decided to upgrade and buy a new dictation recorder for me. Well, besides needing an upgrade I just lost my old one. LOL. I am so impressed with how awesome this works. It was easy to work around with and it has excellent sound quality. I am now motivated to do my recording because of my new recorder. Thank you also for assisting me with the best dictation recorder to purchase.
Olympus DS-9000 Digital Dictation Voice Recorder
- OL- DS-9000
- 1-Year Mail In Parts/Labor
- Free Shipping
Professional Dictation, Streamlined Efficiency.
Capture your voice with enhanced clarity, simplicity and flexibility, in any environment.
With advanced features including a superior noise canceling system, best-in-class file encryption, and supreme structural integrity, the DS-9000 will simplify your workflow and increase dictation management efficiency. Intelligent dual microphones control the directionality to keep the focus on the person dictating and suppress ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports and other noisy environments. A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds such as breath and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy that enhances workflow efficiency.
Encapsulated in a 1.5-meter (4.9-ft) shockproof body and equipped with an optical slide switch, the DS9000 is designed to be a strong and dependable workhorse in heavy use environments. Complete with 256 bit AES encryption and device pin lock, the DS-9000 provides trusted security to your most sensitive information.
• Speech Recognition with Accuracy, Clarity and Noise-Reduction
• Professional Quality Studio Recording Built-in
• Motion Sensor and VCVA Technology
• Shock Proof Body Improves Longevity
• Alcohol wipe resistant body
• 256-bit file encryption with DSS Pro audio codec
• Directional stereo recording optimized for conference settings
• Olympus Dictation Management System Release 7 software included
Speech Recognition with Accuracy, Clarity and Noise-Reduction
Intelligent dual microphone technology ensures optimization for many different recording environments. For example, in a noisy environment such as an airport, use narrow directionality to ensure the voice is accurately captured. For conference rooms when multiple individuals are speaking, use a wide directionality recording setting to accurately capture all presenters.
PROFESSIONAL QUALITY STUDIO RECORDING BUILT-IN
The included studio quality pop filter reduces additional noise from wind and breath noise, encouraging more accurate transcription and professional quality recordings.
Motion Sensor and VCVA Technology
While the motion sensor allows the user to wake up the device by picking it up to immediately start recording, the Olympus VCVA technology automatically tracks pauses in a speaker's dictation in order to save time, power and recording space. These features are easily customized and allow 15 different sensitivity levels, providing intuitive usage and power saving options for every user.
SHOCK PROOF BODY IMPROVES LONGEVITY
A reliable body design resistant up to a 1.5-meter (4.9-ft) fall dramatically enhances the lifespan of the device in heavy use environments. An optical slide switch reduces the risk of mechanical failure.
• Intelligent dual microphones suppress unwanted background noise
• Triple-layer sound studio pop filter blocks breath and wind vibrations
• Certified up to 1.5 meter shockproof body
• Precise slide switch (REC / STOP / PLAY / REW)
• Full Color TFT LCD with white LED backlight, 36.72mm x 48.96mm / 2.4 inch (240 x 320 pixels)
• Rechargeable Li-ion-battery (1350mAh)
• Storage media: Secure Digital (SD, SDHC), 2GB, 32GB (External)
• Internal storage media: 2GB (micro SD), DSS Pro SP = approx. 306 hours recording time
• DSS / DSS Pro / WAV / MP3
Professional Speech Processing
• Author IDs: 10
• Work Types: 20
• Priority: High/Normal
• Verbal comments (up to 32 per file), Text editor, Pending, File lock
Advanced Recording Features
• Motion sensor automatically wakes the device from sleep mode with positional changes
• Voice activated recording (VCVA)
• Microphone sensitivity: 3 Levels (High/Middle/Low)(Conference Mode = Auto)
• Insert, Overwrite, Append, Partially erase: Only with DSS Pro & DSS (Overwrite & Append: also WAV)
• Index Marks Per File: 32 (DSS Pro/WAV/MP3), 16 (DSS)
• Level meter, VCVA indicator
• Folders: Up to 7 (name changeable)
• Hands-free dictation, stand-alone transcription with optional Olympus Footswitch RS-31
• Full-duplex recording with headphones
• Speed: Slow/Normal/Fast
• Volume level: Adjustable from 0 to 30
• Cue / Review
• Applicable as PC microphone
• Controlling PC application ODMS
• Accessibility: Various settings related to user authorization, e.g., prohibiting erasing of files; menu settings
• Splash message: Option to set personalized welcome message during start-up
• Main button guide: Shows current slide switch function on display
• Alarms: Option to set alarms for particular occasions; beeping noise
• Customizable display content: Option to customize information shown on display
• Programmable buttons: 3
• Single user and workgroup installation
• Server installations including license manager tools (optional)
• Citrix / WTS / Thin client support
• Dimensions: 4.75 in (H) x 1.96 in (W) x .73 in (D) weight: 4.1 oz (including battery)
• Languages: English, German, Czech, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Italian
• Operating systems: Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10) | Mac OS X (10.10-10.13)
• Recommended operating condition: 0-42°C / 32-107.6°F
• Mini USB 2.0 composite / storage class
• Charging via AC adapter or USB
• Speaker (integrated): Built-in .43 x .59 in square dynamic speaker, 320mW (8Ω speaker)
• Headphone/microphone jacks: Ø3.5mm mini jack | impedance 2kΩ, Ø3.5mm mini jack | impedance 8Ω or more
What's in the Box
• Please See Comparison Tab Above
• LI-92B Li-ion battery
• LI-41C Charger for LI-92B
• AS-9000 PC transcription kit with RS31 footswitch
What's In The Box?
Feature Comparison With Other Models
As a Certified Olympus Pro Dictation Partner shipping is only permitted to USA addresses.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1-Year Mail In Parts/Labor
Categories this product is listed in:
Reviews Write a Review
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've been using the Olympus DS-9000 Digital Dictation Voice Recorder for two months now and it has been a game changer. I can't imagine how my workflow would have been without this amazing device. It is incredibly easy to use, reliable and records crystal clear audio. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a high quality voice recorder!
This is a great product that does exactly what it is supposed to do. I like the fact that it is very small and compact, and easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone who needs to work on the computer and needs voice recording at the same time.
We have local retailers and service contractors for our Olympus Digital Voice Recorders; however, Executive Communications does a better job of responding and serving our needs than we can get locally ... which is why we've been doing business with them for over 12 years, now.